Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Dehumidifier doesn't draw water & humid % setting won't stay set.

Question
QUESTION: My 3-year GE dehumidifier model #ADER65LPQ1 worked great until this week.  Now it doesn't draw water into the bucket and the humidity % setting can be changed for a few seconds and then it goes back to 95% on its own.  The basement is 59 degrees, the filter is clean, etc.  Any thoughts on what's happening?

ANSWER: Can you tell if the compressor is actually running?  Eric

QUESTION: I don't know how to determine that, but the unit sounds the same as it did when it worked properly.

Answer
There is a audible sound other than a fan motor when the compressor is running.....just like your refrigerator.  If your dehumidifier is running but not collecting water, perhaps this compressor is not runnning.  This needs to be verified by you before I can help further.   A step by step process when over the internet.  I am not there to verify.  Thanks for your understanding...     Eric  

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

Eric Campion