Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC/Problem with a fridge,

Question
Hello sir,
In our fridge, the freezer is perfectly working fine - whereas - the refrigerator is not (not cooling at all). Our fridge is Magic Chef and it is over 4 year old. I am trying to make a decision if it is worth fixing it or replace it with a new one. I am not sure how hard it is to figure out or fix this type of issue.

Kindly let me know your suggestions.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Thanks,

Matt

Answer
SOME TROUBLESHOOTING QUESTIONS:
1.  is the evaporator fan motor operational?  check by opening door & depressing door switch; light should go off, evaporator motor should start.
2.  usually, there is a cable that connects from the knob of the (refrigeraed section's) temp selector to a damper door-this door directs(opens&closes depending on seeting of knob) how much cooling goes to the refrigerated section.  check the cable and the connection to the damper.

That your freezer section is at temp, I doubt if there is a problem with the compressor or refrigerant charge.

Walt

Heating, Air Conditioning, Fridge, HVAC

rench4u