Heavy Metal/Is Metal bad for me?

Question
My Mom won't let me listen to Heavy Metal and she says it's satanic but she listens to music with cuss words in it. She lets me listen to rap but not metal also people at my church say that metal is satanic and to listen to other music. I listen to bands such as Disturbed, Godsmack, Drowning Pool, Korn, Systen Of A Down, Slipknot, Rob Zombie, Mudvayne, Marilyn Manson, Tool etc. Are any of these bands satanic? Don't lie tell the truth. Did any of the bands mentioned sell their souls?

Answer
Hi

This is a common misconception about metal music.  Not only are none of those bands satanic, but most of them in fact contain Christian members.  There are actually few "satanic" metal bands and none of those bands you listen to contain a satanic message.  All of those bands are highly popular with mainstream metal audiences and as I said, contain Christian members with Christian themes popping up now and again.  

I would like to also point out that you can be in a metal band without having to believe any of that anyway.  I don't believe in God, or the soul, and I am perfectly happy to listen to most themes of metal music.  It is up to you if you require bands to believe in the Judeo-Christian God but do not listen your mothers or the churches ignorance of the subject and dont let it stop you from enjoying the music you like.  Simply investigate yourself, find the song meanings and prove it to her.

Heavy Metal

Steven Gibb