Hebrew Language/Positive to negative Hebrew words

In French a word is changed from the positive to the negative by inserting "ne" before the verb, followed by "pas" after it. Is there any grammatical devise in Hebrew to change the sense of a word from the positive to the negative?

ANSWER: Well, it's not really a constructed grammatical devise as in French, but usually, you can add "לא", meaning "not".
Examples: זה טוב = it's good; זה לא טוב = It's not good.
אני רוצה ללכת = I want to go; אני לא רוצה ללכת = I don't want to go.

QUESTION: This poses a more enigmatic question:

Are there words that can be positive within a sentence ... then the same word is negative in another sentence? Perhaps if I demonstrate here:
the word ר̇א
does it only mean evil or wickedness ... or, in another context, can it be an entirely different, and perhaps, positive word? If it can be both positive and negative, then what is it that makes it one or the other - is there some kind of indication or appropriately placed letter that changes the sense of the word?

I think you mean the word רע
With different Niqqud vowels it means different things -
Pronounced ra it means bad or evil
Spelled the same but pronounced ro'a it means wickedness  
but when pronounced re'a is means friend or soul mate.

Hebrew Language

Any question related to the Hebrew Language - English to Hebrew translation and vice versa, Hebrew grammar, "Niqqud" vowels, pronunciation, etc.

Native speaker, good translator, amateur editor.

Hebrew University M.Sc.