Hebrew Language/Israeli Seashell.

Question
Seashell
Seashell  

Seashell
Seashell  
I was recently at an auction that had items from a family of world travelers.  In their collection was a group of seashells that had Hebrew writing on them.  The shells seem to be of high quality as the letters are the raised portion of the shell and everything else was carved around it.  Two shells have a small amount of writing where a self translate is possible.  However this one has a whole passage of text and was wondering if you could translate it?  I was also wondering if these were common tourist items sold in seaside shops or if they were possibly something more?

Answer
The text on the seashell is the "Ma Nishtana" text from the Passover Hagadah. (See here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Nishtana for the full details). I never saw anything like this shell in an Israeli seaside or other tourist memorabilia shop, but then again, I don't visit these much.  

Hebrew Language

Inbar