Hebrew Language/Hebrew translation

I just asked about the word "harar" found in the OT (forgot exactly where), I understand "har" is mountain, but am wondering about the one time in which "harar" is used and translated as mountains or many hills. Is there a meaning for "ar" or "r" (if the root word is "hara" = with child) being attached to the end of a word?

There is no word "harar"/"harhar" anywhere in the OT.

The plural form "הַרְרֵי" - harerey, meaning "the mountains of" appears 3 times in the OT - Deuteronomy 33,15; Habakkuk 3,6 and Psalms 133,3. In these three occasions the plural is using the root "harar" instead of "har". In most other cases the Biblical language uses the more common plural הָרֵי (harey). The reason for using harerey instead of harey in these three occasions is poetic. It indicates metaphoric, usually large, mountains. It is not directly related to "hara". The doubling of the letter Reish (ר) has no grammatical meaning, but a poetic one.  

Hebrew Language

Any question related to the Hebrew Language - English to Hebrew translation and vice versa, Hebrew grammar, "Niqqud" vowels, pronunciation, etc.

Native speaker, good translator, amateur editor.

Hebrew University M.Sc.