Hedgehogs/blood in feces

Jessica wrote at 2013-09-27 19:25:21
We just bought two African pygmy hedgehogs. We bought them when they were four weeks old, and we have had them for about a month.

We have had a lot of problems with controlling temperature. I have now put them in our office where there is a space heater on the wall, and put a heating pad under their cage. I can now manage their temperature with what I have done. Last night I went to change their food and saw quite a bit of blood and one of the stools. I don't know which hedgehog a came from, nor can I afford a vet. I have never had a hedgehog before I just thought it would be a good alternative to a stinky hamster for my daughter's birthday. Now I am in $400 plus food, cage, bedding, and nesting box. I don't know what to do for these little guys but my options are very slim. The only thing I can think is give them to somebody who can afford of that, then my daughter is out her birthday present and I will have four other little broken hearts.  

Hedgehogs

Laurel Sedgwick