Hedgehogs/Pomegranate

Question
Can hedgehog have pomegranate as their treat (or snack)?
The three little hogs I owned are happy with fruit treats, but I'm not sure if pomegranate will have any harm or toxins to them (like citrus and avocado).

Answer
Hi, Jennifer:

I think I would skip the pomegranate.  I don't know for sure that it would hurt your little ones, but I have read that foods with "intense" flavors (kiwi was the food given as an example) should not be given to hedgies, so I'd be hesitant.  Bananas, apples, and grapes are usually a big hit.

If you really want to see what they do with pomegranate, just give them a tiny bit and watch them closely to see that they are okay.

Hedgie Blessings,

Laurel

Hedgehogs

Laurel Sedgwick