Hedgehogs/Cat Food, tomato, diet

I'm going to link some of the high quality cat foods that i can find in my local pet stores. (i'm from Malaysia)

all of these are corn-free, most of them are grain-free and the protein, fat and fiber percentage looks okay. can you help me decide which ones should i use to feed my hedgehog ? Im planning to feed a mix to him so help me choose 2-4 of these kibbles. but if you cant help me can you direct me to any place where i can find help ? I've already posted something similar to this at and i just want to get as all the experts' opinions on this

the hedgehog im getting is 2 months old (the lean recipe)

Hi Again, Jasmin:

I am no more an expert than many folks who have breed or cared-for hedgehogs for many years.

The hedgehog food sites I’ve visited mostly don’t mention tomato at all.  But there are exceptions:

This site says Hedgies can eat tomatoes, but only in small quantities:

So, it would appear that tomatoes are okay in a hedgehog’s diet, if fed sparingly.

The only food on your list that I recognize is Wellness.  That would be a good choice for one of your foods.

This breeder offers some helpful advice, but bear in mind that she is financially connected with the manufacturer of Spike’s Delight.  I think that one is here:

Hope this helps!

Hedgie Blessings,

Laurel Sedgwick

Can answer care, health, & behavioral questions, as well as basic breeding questions. Can help questioner figure out if a hedgehog is the right pet for them.

Have had hedgehogs since 2001 - 16 so far. I have no experience with non-weaned babies, and limited experience with breeding and with pregnant hedgehogs. I have had too much experience with WHS (Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome). I would rate myself "expert" at syringe-feeding, and as "advanced" at performing SubQs. Two of my hedgehogs have injured an eye to the point that it had to be surgically removed. I have had a lot of hedgehogs who suffered from cancer, some who had surgery and some who didn't. Some of my quilly kids have had abcessed teeth; one guy lost all of his teeth but one! I have had multiple female hedgehogs who suffered from bleeding, who had to have surgery for uterine cancer, which was in most cases successful. Temperamentally, I have had very timid hedgehogs, persistently grumpy hedgehogs, biting hedgehogs, and very friendly hedgehogs whom I took with me as "ambassadors" for educational presentations.

I am a Certified Judge for the IHA, and run a rescue station for the HWS. My application to be a rescue station for the IHA is pending.

I read everything I can get my hands on. Have read the best of the books, Dawn Wrobel's THE HEDGEHOG and Tig M-Burleson's THE HEDGEHOG PRIMER. I am a member of the International Hedgehog Association (IHA) and Hedgehog Welfare Society (HWS), and have been a member of various online bulletin board groups since 2002.
I have attended many hedgehog shows and have served as a judge in IHA conformation shows.