Hedgehogs/hedgehog Diet, Tomatoes

Question
Hi !

i've been looking around for good quality cat foods to feed my hedgehog and i found this one that looks promising. but one of the ingredients listed down is tomato pomace. i've read before that feeding tomatoes to hedgehogs are dangerous. so i want to know if this cat food is safe for my hedgehog or not ? if you were wondering this is the cat food in question. http://www.holisticselect.com/product.aspx?pet=cat&cat=1&pid=79#ingredients

Answer
Hi, Jasmin:

Hedgies do not handle acid foods well, so I would not give yours tomato.  It's possible that the food you chose is okay (esp. since it is dry), but better safe than sorry.  

I am  not a nutritional expert.  Since I do not know what goods are available o you, I would advise you to do research on the internet to find out what other hedgehog fanciers have settled on as their main adult hedgehog food.

Hedgie Blessings,

Laurel

Hedgehogs

Laurel Sedgwick