Help with College & Grad School Applications/Phd application question

I am applying to the phd programme. In the application section there is a question ' what will be the benefit to the school if we admit you?'. Somehow I am not sure how to answer this question.

Would be grateful if you can help me out.

Dear Parisa,

They want to know how you will use your education to bring fame, fortune, or power to the school, its alumni and its students.  The way to approach this question depends on what you are planning to study. If you are planning on studying something that can help mankind, such as technology or medicine, than it is easy for you to explain how an invest in your education will be repaid many times over through your service to others.

Help with College & Grad School Applications

Karen Dechman

As a Harvard graduate with almost 20 years of experience, I can accurately answer questions on how to be competitive in the admissions and scholarship process. I can also answer questions on achieving academic excellence in high school/college and how to obtain excellent internships for future employment success. You will need to visit the websites of the schools of your interest to learn the answers on specific questions, such as expected SAT scores or deadlines. I will not advise on athletic scholarships.

Since 1997, I have been helping students to reach their professional goals by helping them to understand how to successfully operate within high school and college environments. These environments have seen a dramatic change over the past twenty years, making them far more competitive. In turn, I have helped students learn how to shop their professors, create internships and identify extra-curricular activities that will distinguish them in both admissions and scholarship situations. I also work with military academy and graduate school applicants.

Harvard Club of DC, Board of Directors Harvard Club of Virginia, President US Holocaust Memorial Museum, Director of Research John Tyler Community College, Department Head, Student & Community Activities White House, Volunteer

East Carolina University, 1992 Harvard University, 1998