Help with College & Grad School Applications/Phd application

Question

I am writing an application for the Phd programme. I have already written the statement of purpose but in the application section there is a question ' what will be the benefit to the school if we admit you?'. Somehow I am not sure how to answer this question.

Would be grateful if you can help me out.

Thanks

Answer
Hi, Parisa.

I think your best approach is to discuss how your interests are similar to those of some of the professors in the program, how your work might support theirs, and any educational or professional experiences that make you a stronger candidate.

It isn't helpful to say things like "I'm very hard working" etc. Just saying that you are doesn't prove it. You can document things that you have done that show your specific strengths.

Nearly everything that you write in this statement will probably be a repeat of information in your personal statement, but don't worry about that.

You can get some general guidance about the personal statement for free on my site: www.cuttsreviews.com

Hope that helps.

Jay

Help with College & Grad School Applications

Jay Cutts