Hematology/Low Platelet

Question
Blood Sugar/Cholestrol
Blood Sugar/Cholestrol  
Blood Report
Blood Report  
QUESTION: Hello,

Good Evening. I am 42 years old. I have been diagnosed with Low platelet yesterday. I went to the Dr. as I was having a bit of fever and drowsiness since 6-7 days. Even I was not comfortable in sleep. Not getting it more that 4-5 hrs in the night. I was suggested by the doctor to go for the CBC and Diabetic test. (Reports attached). Request you to advise me the diet to get my platelets back as earliest as possible.

Thanks

Jahangir

ANSWER: Hello Jahangir!
Warm welcome to you!
Though the platelet count is low, its not alarming. So dont have to panic. Do you have any rashes over skin? If yes then it could be a case of dengue. Otherwise its probably because of the over exhaustion of the body or due to exposure to cold weather(hypothermia accidental/exposure).

So to increase the platelet count quickly please take vit B complex and iron supplements.

Thanking you!

Hematology
Hematology  

Bio Chemistry
Bio Chemistry  
QUESTION: Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I went to the doctor and he advised me Zantec and Cac capsules. But the drowsiness controlled for the time being. Actually it was started with a condition that my left ear got shut and then all things started. I went to the ENT specialist and he told me that it might be due to this. He cleaned my ear after one day (today) but the condition hasn't got improved. I am regularly checking my BP, its OK now but still the drowsiness is still there. In the mean time, I gets my fresh medical test reports. (attached). Advise on this please.

Regards

Jahangir

Answer
Hi Jahangir,
Your lipid profile is perfectly ok. Higher value of HDL is not of much concern as its less prominent in calculating cardio-vascular risk. Other than that I think most of your blood tests are normal. Nothing much to be worried about. If the drowsiness continues you can contact me. I will guide you with the further lab tests required.

Thanking you!

Hematology

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni