Hematology/CBC bop

Question
Hi can you tell me what diseases disorders are typically ruled out with a child's normal cbc and bcp blood work.

Thank you

Answer
Hi Heidi,
Warm welcome to you!
You have asked a very cute n innocent question. Because the answer for the question you have asked is very vast. Through complete blood count and blood chemistry profile, we doctors do the basic diagnosis of all the diseases. But normally CBC is used for bacterial, viral infections, anemia, malnutrition in children. And BCP is used for checking kidney functions, diarrhoea, malnutrition etc. If you require any further specific details, please dont hesitate to contact me again. You know the answer is very vast :)

Hope that helps!

Take care. Have a great day. Bye.

Hematology

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni