Hematology/immature granulocyte

Question
I had a recent cbc with differential done and my immature granulocyte absolute result was 0.17 normal range for this lab is 0.00-0.06. Immature Granulocyte percent was 2.50.MPV high at 12.3 the rest of the cbc was in normal range. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Answer
Hello Jon,
Warm welcome to you!
Though slightly elevated immature granulocyte percent alone is not of any diagnostic value, but its considered a good diagnostic tool to diagnose a infection at a very early stage. Its very useful in ICU patients. Since no other tests in CBC show variation, you dont have to be concerned about it. But if you want you can get a blood culture done. But I am repeating again since your wbc differential count is normal I dont think you have any infection.

Thanking you!

Hematology

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni