Hematology/Can you please resend answer?

Question
QUESTION: Respected Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni,

A few months ago I asked you a question about "Effects of poison on Human". Respected doctor, may you please resend me the answer associated with that question? It might be in your allexperts inbox. May you resend me the that question with answer?

Thank you so much.

ANSWER: Answer 1: Can you name those two people or tell which incident in history are you talking about? Anyway it is possible scientifically for a person to die due to slow poisoning. Also according to the classification of toxicology hemotoxins and neurotoxins are pretty fast acting. But certain necrotoxins from spiders, snakes and bacteria can cause slow necrosis of organs leading to slow death. May take even years depending upon the dosage.

Answer2: This actually comes in forensic pathology. But anyway if the post mortem procedure is done immediately after death also the report would say death due to tissue necrosis because of underlying infection. There will be no evidence to show that the toxic had been introduced into the body three years ago. So COD will be reported as heart failure and not poison. Anyway in many cases where the toxin from nature is used to kill the person, its very difficult to prove the motive or the act was intentional and involved human assistance!

Thanking you!

QUESTION: Respected Dr. Shrinidhi Kulkarni,

I really appreciate that you provided me the answer. Respected Sir, actually I need answers along with question. I will be really glad if you could provide me answers with my questions in the form of new email. Kindly don't send it in the form of the follow-up in this question. Thank you so much, I really appreciate you.

Thanks!

ANSWER: Den Below is the copy of our discussion. If this is not the way you wanted it, then give me your mail id. I will send it to you!
Questioner: Den
Subject: Transfer of poison in human blood
Date Asked: 2014-06-14 07:06:29
Date Answered: 2014-06-18 13:07:43

Question:
QUESTION: Hi there,

Actually, I was reading history where I red that two people were given very poisonous meals by their enemies. One of them died on the spot but the other one survived and lived for 3 years. He died 3 years later from long term effects of the poisonous meal which he took. It is said that he felt pain of that poison during those 3 years. Therefore, is it SCIENTIFICALLY possible for a person to survive from poison and die from long term effects of strong poison 3 years later?

Does the principles of hematology agree that a person can die 3 years later after consuming the poison? As blood plays vital role in transferring substances like poison around the body? Thank you very much.

ANSWER: Hello Den,
Warm welcome to you!
Can you name those two people or tell which incident in history are you talking about? Anyway it is possible scientifically for a person to die due to slow poisoning. Also according to the classification of toxicology hemotoxins and neurotoxins are pretty fast acting. But certain necrotoxins from spiders, snakes and bacteria can cause slow necrosis of organs leading to slow death. May take even years depending upon the dosage.

Thanking you!

QUESTION: Hi there,

You said that it is possible for a person to die from poison effects even if a person takes it 3 years before death. But in the light of hematology and science, will his cause of death be considered from poison or from effects of poison? For example, if a person take poison and dies 3 years later from that poison due to heart failure effects of that poison, then will his cause of death be considered "heart failure" or "poison"? Thanks a lot.

Answer:
Den,
This actually comes in forensic pathology. But anyway if the post mortem procedure is done immediately after death also the report would say death due to tissue necrosis because of underlying infection. There will be no evidence to show that the toxic had been introduced into the body three years ago. So COD will be reported as heart failure and not poison. Anyway in many cases where the toxin from nature is used to kill the person, its very difficult to prove the motive or the act was intentional and involved human assistance!

Thanking you!

Allexperts.com

QUESTION: Hi Dr. Shrinidhi,

I truly appreciate you early reply. I just want to ask that what do you mean by "COD" in the answer? Does it mean cause of death? Respected doctor Shrinidhi, as you said that if a person dies from effects of poison three years later, then his cause of death will not be considered death from poison, right?

Thanks a lot.

Answer
Its weekend. So bit free.
Yes COD- cause of death.
If necrotoxins are used, it yields tissue necrosis of one or the other organ depending on th toxin used. Unless there suspicion in death or the police thinks someone had motive and transfered necrotoxins manually, the death will be considered normal death. It wont become a case of poisoning.

Its like one of my friend transferring me HIV infected blood to kill me. But police would think HIV AIDS was acquired by me only, unless they come up with a theory that my friend had motive to kill me. If they feel someone had motive, then they will probe further. Even if they probe its very difficult to prove, the infection was transferred to me manually.

I hope I have made it clear.

Hematology

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni