Hematology/regarding heamatolgy

Sir I have wbc value of 69470 is it dangers .   and my spleen mildly enlorged it is 12.4 cm ,Rbc is 3.75, hemoglobin is 13 and platelet is 2.5. But I have no fever and vomiting but I could not run and even I can't walk fast. Because I feel some pain in hips and also I have pain below ribs on left side. Pls confirm is it leukemia?

Sorry for the delayed reply. I am out of station. Since wbc count is below 1 lakh this seems like leukemoid reaction. In leukemia wbc count goes above 1 lakh. Buy my advice is to do following test: Peripheral blood smear, wbc differential count. Send me the reports. The hip pain, pain below ribs is due to spleen enlargement. And fatigue is due to low rbc count.
Thanking you!

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni

I can answer all questions related to hematology. RBC, WBC, Platelet and blood forming organs etc and related questions. hematology also includes blood proteins, hemoglobin and disorders related to clotting abnormalities. So questions about all aspects of hematology are welcome!

Working as a Doctor in Primary Health care Centre.

KIMS Banglore

MBBS, Internship in Internal Medicine