Hematology/HIV?

Question
I was working and I was taking carats down and the manager wanted from the Laundry wanted to shank hands with but instead i gave him the blow and a few minutes i noticed like a scratch oh i thought that was it i believe it was dry blood not too sure he might of touched it what do you think should i worry as i can see i think the had had no cuts on his hand

Answer
Hello Craig,
Warm welcome to you!
There is absolutely no reason for you to worry about. But to be sure you can get the ELISA or Western blot test done after 3 months of exposure. I recommend the tests to be on the safer side. But otherwise the HIV transmission in above scenario seems unlikely.

Thanking you!

Hematology

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni