Hematology/anti pyrexial medications for icterus patients

I have the symptoms of icterus, my physician diagnosed me with hepatitis A and currently i'm on a diet.
My physician prescribed ibuprofen to reduce the fever
my question is: which is better and safer for the liver in this case paracetamol or ibuprofen as an anti pyrexiatic?

thanx for ur time.

Hello R.j.
Ibuprofen is mainly a NSAID or pain killer with mild antipyretic action. Its mild compared to paracetamol. So your doctor has given right medicine. But any drug which has extensive liver metabolism requires careful administration in patients with hepatitis. You should be in continuous vigilance of your doctor so that he can stop or change the medicine by looking at LFT values. Please continue diet strictly.

Thanking your!

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni

I can answer all questions related to hematology. RBC, WBC, Platelet and blood forming organs etc and related questions. hematology also includes blood proteins, hemoglobin and disorders related to clotting abnormalities. So questions about all aspects of hematology are welcome!

Working as a Doctor in Primary Health care Centre.

KIMS Banglore

MBBS, Internship in Internal Medicine