Hematology/Hemochromatosis

Question
Hi i was given blood work a year ago my iron was 233 tibc 259 saturation 90% my ferritin was only 61.3 how long can i have this before it starts to damage the liver? i go to see a hemotologist this week but id like to have my question awnsered sooner because im worried about it since ive been readig about it online

Answer
Hezekiah,
Warm welcome to you!
Having chronic iron overload in body will start damaging liver immediately within 2-3 months. But it will take couple of years for liver cirrhosis to develop. Time take for liver cirrhosis varies individually. So to get the perfect picture we need to do Liver Function Test or Liver Biopsy.

Thanking you!

Hematology

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni