Hematology/Urine protein blood test

I am a healthy obese 39 yr old male born with one kidney who just had a check up with urine, blood work CBC with diff and creatinine and albumin are all normal & no proteins in urine..  One blood  lab test called urine protein came back as low less than 4 with normal being 5-20.  What does this mean. Could it be caused by exercise or drinking a lot of water prior to the test?  Is this assign of kidney damage or failure or disease?

Warm welcome to you!
Decreased urine protien level is not a concerning issue. So dont worry. Also it could be due to urine dilution due to drinking lot of water prior to test. And no its not a sign of kidney failure. In kidney failure there is increase in urine protein.

Thanking you!

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni

I can answer all questions related to hematology. RBC, WBC, Platelet and blood forming organs etc and related questions. hematology also includes blood proteins, hemoglobin and disorders related to clotting abnormalities. So questions about all aspects of hematology are welcome!

Working as a Doctor in Primary Health care Centre.

KIMS Banglore

MBBS, Internship in Internal Medicine