Hematology/Blood Work Results

Question
Dear Dr.-

I had a blood test done today and my MCHC-M.Cell Hb cont. was off the charts at 36.2.

What does this mean?

Thank you!

Ari

Answer
Ari,
If you dont mind please rephrase your question. Your MCHC is 36.2? What about Hb? If only MCHC is increased and all other tests are normal then there is no need to worry. Its only slightly above the range. Range is 32-36. So lets not worry about it if you dont have any concerning symptoms. But my recommendation is to retest it after month. If its elevated more then it could mean hemolysis due to spleenomegaly or some other reason. So lets not worry about it right now.

Thanking you!

Hematology

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni