Hematology/Small screening or Study idea

My work place has small hemoglobin testing machine donated by a company. There are 200 test strips with it and it expires in 4 months. My boss want to use the strips to do a small study. Can you please give me an idea for a methodology for such a study. Thanks

Send me the company n model name of machine. I will try to help. But its more of biomedical engineering aspect! Most of the time all you need is a blot of blood on test strip from tips of fingers other than thumb n index. First warm up the hands before pricking. Don not squeeze finger to collect blood. Thats why you need to make good deep prick so blood comes out spontaneously without squeezing. Then transfer drop of blood to strip. Do not overflow the test strip with blood.

Thanking you!

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni

I can answer all questions related to hematology. RBC, WBC, Platelet and blood forming organs etc and related questions. hematology also includes blood proteins, hemoglobin and disorders related to clotting abnormalities. So questions about all aspects of hematology are welcome!

Working as a Doctor in Primary Health care Centre.

KIMS Banglore

MBBS, Internship in Internal Medicine