Hematology/Blood type

Question
Is it possible to have a blood type that is AS?  What causes an AS blood type? How compatible is the AS blood type to other blood types? My blood type is O+, can I marry someone who is AS without any health complications?

Answer
Obed,
No there is no blood type/group AS. Are you refering to sickle cell blood type? It has HbAS variation of heamoglobin. Please rephrase your question and send. Will try to help you. You can marry person with sickle cell anemia. But There is 50% chance of your child getting sickle cell trait. Most people with sickle cell trait live healthy.

Thanking you!  

Hematology

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni