Hematology/Blood work question

Question
QUESTION: What can cause a positive homogeneous ANA
1:320 and elevated compliment 3 and 4? Prior to taking plaquenil in addition to the compliments and ANA, my C-reactive protein,  send rate, IGg and SS Anti Dsna were all elevated. My vitamin D was low, RDW and MCV were elevated. After a year on plaquenil, all numbers normalized except Homogeneous ANA 1:160 and elevated compliments.  What disease is this indicative of?

ANSWER: Amy,
Positive homogenous ANA is seen in Lupus. But other lab tests are suggestive of rheumatoid arthritis and sjogren's. Sometimes these auto immune disorders co-exist in a person. We need to clinicaly corelate to conclude the diagnosis. But the Plaquenil works for all 3 conditions. But looking at reduction ANA count we can say good improvement is there. i.e. autoimmune reactions are under control. So continue to the same medicines.

Thanking you!

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor.You can donate as less as 1$ - 10$. Your little donation can save lives!! Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Go to my profile page and click Donate(via Paypal only)***

QUESTION: Thank you for your response.
Everything I read about autoimmune disease and compliments, talks about low compliment levels.  The only thing I have found about ELEVATED compliment levels was rheumatoid arthritis. I do have osteoarthritis, but no symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. What other conditions can be associated with chronically elevated compliments?

Answer
Amy,
Elevated complements is seen in rhematoid arthritis, hashimoto's thyroiditis, heamoglobinuria etc. rheamtoid arthritis, lupus n sjogrens are all connective disorders. Sometimes these present themselves as mixed connective tissue disorders. And it takes years to completely develop into a specific connective tissue disorders. Sometimes they overlap and patients have mulitple types of auto antibodies.

Thanking you!

Hematology

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni