Hematology/abnormal monoclonal protein

Question
Dear Dr.Kulkarni:

I've just had blood work done and it showed abnormal monoclonal protein, lga possibly associated with free kappa. I will be going for additional blood work. The fact that this protein was detected, does this usually indicate Multiple Myeloma? I've been having back pain and numbness in my calf, both legs. EMG was normal and I had an open MRI which just showed bulging discs.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Answer
Steve,
Your symptoms and lab results are indicative of Multiple Myeloma. Considering the EMG being normal my comment is, in the begining stage of the disease you may only experience sensory neuropathies and paraesthesia. So lets wait till the blood work comes up. But next time please send picture of blood reports if possible.

Thanking you!

***Dear AllExperts user, If you are satisfied with my service, please take your time to donate a little money for providing medical facilities and education to poor.You can donate as less as 1$ - 10$. Your little donation can save lives!! Please donate only if you are satisfied with the service and willing to help poor. I dont want to force you! Thanking you!
Go to my profile page and click Donate(via Paypal only)***

Hematology

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni