Hello, I'm hoping you can ease my fears. I recently had a CBC done. Everything was great, but my white blood count was 3. I'm a 47 year old female with no health issues except hypothyroidism. I currently take 125MCG of levothyroxine. My doctor wants to re-test in a month. They have nothing to compare it to since it's been quite a few years since I've had blood work done. I feel great, I'm active, and prior to having the flu 8 months ago, I can't remember the last time I was sick. I'm extremely anxious though the doctor told me that this could be completely normal for me and to not be concerned. Please give me some insight. Thank you very much.

Even I think its petty common for few people to have  low wbc count. Let's wait n recheck after few weeks. N this time check CBC(hemogram), wbc differential, iron profile and peripheral blood smear.By the way we see such low wbc counts in post viral infection recovery patients. So could be due to viral flu.

Thanking you! Sorry for late reply, myself suffering from dust allergy :)

Dr.Shrinidhi Kulkarni

I can answer all questions related to hematology. RBC, WBC, Platelet and blood forming organs etc and related questions. hematology also includes blood proteins, hemoglobin and disorders related to clotting abnormalities. So questions about all aspects of hematology are welcome!

Working as a Doctor in Primary Health care Centre.

KIMS Banglore

MBBS, Internship in Internal Medicine