Herbs/Herbs

Question
I just purchased two herbs in small pots- parsley and mint.  Was wanting to plant them outdoors; can you suggest when/how I can do this for them to grow and flourish? I live in NC, zone 7b. (I already have lavender and rosemary growing outside).Thanks

Answer
Trisha:
Your mint can go outside in a sunny east location. Plant in good soil with a dash of liquid fish/seaweed fertilizer. Or any dry fertilizer,except miracle grow. Cover with clear plastic bag until your area has night temps in the 60's. Parsley need night temps in low 70's. If your lavender is new also, and it is not hardy,cover it too with clear plastic bag until night temps rise. Rosemary should also be in same location away from the north winds. Good drainage soil and let nature do the watering. Too much water will kill it. Lavender also need lime applied into ground around it once a year. If your rosemary has name "arp" or "hardy hill", they will take -10 below 0.

Leroy  

Herbs

Leroy J. Wilton