I asked a question of you about a week ago. Your answer was very helpful. Here's another: I cut back my small rosemary bush in late March. This may have been a mistake. Here it is May, and the pruned stems are not putting out new growth. The parts I didn't touch are doing well. This little bush has been growing well for approx 5 years. What did I do wrong? Anything I can do to coax it into putting out new growth? I live in NC, zone 7B. Thank you!

I believe that you pruned it to early. The weather should have been warmer. As the rest of the plant start making new growth, then start pruning those branches from the top of each branch 1/3 down. Try to blend the pruned branches into shape with the new growth. Feed the plant at time of pruning. Thank you for your kind response. Only GOD gives me the spirit to do what I do.

With Love,

Leroy J. Wilton

I have been growing herbs organically for 27 years. I have also written and self-published a book, "Herbman`s Journal".144+ pages of herbs that I have grown. Photo & short profile at the Smile Herb Shop on "you tube".Sign in "The healing herbs part 3A & 3B". My face book "the Herbman" You can request it from my e-mail.It is $28.95 with free shipping. 5517 Nome Ave., Balto..Md.21215. It is loose -leaf. A free "Herbman" t-shirt included while they last(large,X-large).It covers many names of herbs that I have grown, such as culantro,shadow bennie, recao de monte & 97 other names.

I have been growing herbs organically for 27 years. I have also written and self-published, loose leaf binder, "Herbmans Journal". 2008 is my last year at Smile Herb Shop. I plan to grow herbs in my small back yard and sell at David's Natural Store in Columbia, Md. on saturdays. I also will return to the Baltimore Herb Festival in May 2009(memorial day weekend).I used the word organically grown, but the state came into the picture and stated that I could not use the word unless I become certified & paid a $300.00 fee. I decided to add to my name (99% chemical-free) since nothing on this planet is 100%, except Jesus Christ, taxes & death. My customers were satisfied with this instead of paying a large fee and raising my prices,with no guarantee that it is organic except for a label.Their belief was in my word.

Book: "Find your calling,love your life" Martha Finney & Debra Dasch,98',(Simon & Schuster) page 42. www.askthisherbman.com