is cilantro actully corriander

Yes!! The other names are coriander,chinese parsley. There are more names from other countries,too many to name here.The best is called mexican coriander, It has stronger flavor fresh or dried. 1" leaf will make a pint of salsa. An 8" leaf will make a quart.It may be found in latin or Asian stores. It is very hard to grow and you can over the plant in a sunny winter during the winter and put back outdoors when night temps are in 70's. West Indians called it "shad a bennie". Remember dried cilantro has no flavor.

Leroy J. Wilton

I have been growing herbs organically for 27 years. I have also written and self-published a book, "Herbman`s Journal".144+ pages of herbs that I have grown. Photo & short profile at the Smile Herb Shop on "you tube".Sign in "The healing herbs part 3A & 3B". My face book "the Herbman" You can request it from my e-mail.It is $28.95 with free shipping. 5517 Nome Ave., Balto..Md.21215. It is loose -leaf. A free "Herbman" t-shirt included while they last(large,X-large).It covers many names of herbs that I have grown, such as culantro,shadow bennie, recao de monte & 97 other names.

I have been growing herbs organically for 27 years. I have also written and self-published, loose leaf binder, "Herbmans Journal". 2008 is my last year at Smile Herb Shop. I plan to grow herbs in my small back yard and sell at David's Natural Store in Columbia, Md. on saturdays. I also will return to the Baltimore Herb Festival in May 2009(memorial day weekend).I used the word organically grown, but the state came into the picture and stated that I could not use the word unless I become certified & paid a $300.00 fee. I decided to add to my name (99% chemical-free) since nothing on this planet is 100%, except Jesus Christ, taxes & death. My customers were satisfied with this instead of paying a large fee and raising my prices,with no guarantee that it is organic except for a label.Their belief was in my word.

Book: "Find your calling,love your life" Martha Finney & Debra Dasch,98',(Simon & Schuster) page 42. www.askthisherbman.com