Herbs/red raspberries.

Hi,  Beuna,.  How can I make my own fertilizer for my red raspberries. Thanks,  Tom.

Sorry, I did not see this question previously. Compost is a great fertilizer and making your own is easy. If you don't know how to compost the basic info is to combine 1/3 - 1/2 brown (leaves, straw, cardboard) with 1/2 - 2/3 green (vegetable peelings, green plants) and turn it every other day for faster compost or less frequently for slower composting. I also like to use liquid fish emulsion and liquid seaweed. If you have access to seaweed be sure to rinse the saltwater off before using. You could then either make a "tea" from it or just add it to the compost pile.

Beuna Tomalino

I specialize in teaching others to grow their own food including herbs, organic gardening, vegetable growing, fruit growing, container plants, edible landscaping, and unusual edible plants. Author of What About Herbs? - available for Kindle and Nook. Organic Gardener for 20+ years. Square Foot Gardener for 20+ years. Owner of Garden Inspire.

Garden instructor, landscape consultant, landscape designer, garden coach, organic gardener, Square Foot Garden instructor, horticulturalist. I have consulted with hundreds of clients about their gardens and landscapes.

Utah Boomers Magazine, The Essential Herbal Magazine, blogs

Education in Ornamental Horticulture from Utah State University, Certified Square Foot Garden instructor by the Square Foot Garden Foundation, Self taught in organic gardening methods.