Herbs/true lavender

Question
hi im planning on growing true lavender from a seed indoores and in hydroponics. i know lavender is suppose to have sun but i only have a north faceing window and can not use artificial light will bright indirect light be enough? also i heard that a single  true lavender can live 10 years is that true? can you tell me how to prune lavender and when to prune it? thank you for your time

Answer
Cynthia:
Growing lavender indoors need full east sun.Need also bottom heat.Artificial light should be 2-tube 1 warm light 1 cool light tubes.I don't know about how long seed from lavender last. I know the dutch lavender last a long time. Plant in well drain soil with lime added each year. Prune each branch by 1/3 from the top down,every 3 weeks during the summer & fall.I hope this helps. The lavender named Provence,Grosso has the best scents.

Leroy

Herbs

Leroy J. Wilton