Herbs/Building a Greenhouse

Question
Hi Leroy,

I would like information on building a greenhouse. I would like to grow medicinal herbs all year long and was wondering what the easiest and best options would be. Also what would I be looking at cost wise?

Thanks for any assistance

Answer
Theresa:
First, it is a lot of research on type and materials that you will need. I can give you a few starter tips. House must face east for morning sun. Use treated lumber for base if you plan on building yourself. have vents on both ends. Heat pads,large pots or tubs.Garbage cans for rain water with sump pump.Use 4- 6 year poly for cover, or more stuff if you wish. Selecting greenhouse must  withstand high winds. Height should be at least 6'-6 to 7'-6. All medicinal herbs won't all year. Some herbs like to go dormant in winter and will return in spring. Book: The Big Book of herbs. Arthur O. Tucker & Thomas Debaggio, cost about 40.00 to 60.00 or library. Check back later for other questions that come up.
lOVE,
Leroy  

Herbs

Leroy J. Wilton