Herbs/Small green worms eating my mint leaves

Mint leaves
Mint leaves  
Hello Mr. Wilton - I live in Kansas and have planted mint directly in the soil. The plant was doing really well until recently I started noticing small green worms in it. They seem to be eating the middle part of the leaves. How do I organically remove them? Thanks a lot

This a first for me. I would make a spray using a clove of garlic,crushed in a quart of water with 1 teaspoon of mild soap like(castile baby soap).Another way a tablespoon of hot sauce with soap also. In both applications spray only a few leaves an wait a day to see if it burn the leaves,if so dilute a little more and try again. Spray under the leaves where insects hide. Good luck!

Respond on the results when you can. Thank you

Leroy J. Wilton

I have been growing herbs organically for 27 years. I have also written and self-published a book, "Herbman`s Journal".144+ pages of herbs that I have grown. Photo & short profile at the Smile Herb Shop on "you tube".Sign in "The healing herbs part 3A & 3B". My face book "the Herbman" You can request it from my e-mail.It is $28.95 with free shipping. 5517 Nome Ave., Balto..Md.21215. It is loose -leaf. A free "Herbman" t-shirt included while they last(large,X-large).It covers many names of herbs that I have grown, such as culantro,shadow bennie, recao de monte & 97 other names.

I have been growing herbs organically for 27 years. I have also written and self-published, loose leaf binder, "Herbmans Journal". 2008 is my last year at Smile Herb Shop. I plan to grow herbs in my small back yard and sell at David's Natural Store in Columbia, Md. on saturdays. I also will return to the Baltimore Herb Festival in May 2009(memorial day weekend).I used the word organically grown, but the state came into the picture and stated that I could not use the word unless I become certified & paid a $300.00 fee. I decided to add to my name (99% chemical-free) since nothing on this planet is 100%, except Jesus Christ, taxes & death. My customers were satisfied with this instead of paying a large fee and raising my prices,with no guarantee that it is organic except for a label.Their belief was in my word.

Book: "Find your calling,love your life" Martha Finney & Debra Dasch,98',(Simon & Schuster) page 42.