Herbs for Health/digestion

I became sick 10 years ago after taking  a strong but short, 2 week, course of antibiotics.

I tried to help myself through various herbal remedies, change in diet and seeing numerous doctors. I still have a problem with digestion and have numerous allergies/sensitivities. I currently have to maintain a low sugar/starch, low fat and low protein diet to be able to function daily and to maintain a job.
I have always maintained an active lifestyleand have recently started a weightlifting program to supplement my cardio exercise.
Initially I had trouble finding food that I could eat without pain so I ended up losing half of my weight - I was hospitalized for anorexia at 69 lbs. I am up to 135 lbs right now but while I was underweight and sick I lost my period for 8 years, developing osteoprosis in my spine. My menstrual cycle returned 2 years ago and I have been doing better with my weight, diet and energy levels and would like to get some advice on improving my health through nutrition and herbal or natural remedies - for a heathy long term existence.
my current diet consists of 2-3 pound of zuchinni, 1 head of cabbage and 1 head of celery, 1L sugar-free yogurt, 1 litre of almond milk,  handful of mushrooms, handful of tomatoes, 1 package of onion soup, several tablespoons of dressing, 1 slice smoked salmon
I occasionally use very small amounts of herbs to help with digestion, pain relief, etc. But nothing is taken on a regular daily basis.
I have recenlty started drinking dandelion tea regularly which help with my energy level, stimulate digestion and bowel movements.
I have started taking a multivitamin daily as I read that certain vitamins help stimulate some of the digestive processes.
I started taking small amounts of herbs to control the yeast, bacterial infection in my intestines and bladder infection.

Resolution of some problems
I have resolved several chronic problems such as:
- diarrhea - likely lactose intolerance related
- urinary incontinence caused by consumption of sugar in fruit,
- very painful swelling in legs caused by sensitivity to sugar and lactose intolerance,
- severe abdominal bloating, distention and flatulence,
- low energy levels- falling asleep every couple of hours,
- maintenance of lactose intolerance and related symptoms - bloating, swelling, diarrhea,
-  unbearable itchiness of very sensitive areas of the body caused by sensitivity to sugar and acidic foods such as tomatoes,
- chronic vaginal yeast infections for 2 years, caused by a very mild and short 2-3 day course of antibiotics for bladder infection  - I tried to avoid antibiotics but it was unavoidable at that time but the symptoms of the bladder infection were unbearable.

Are my digestion problems related to lack of digestive enzymes or gastric juices? i have seen doctors, gastroentologists, dieticians, naturopaths, please provide some advice - anything is appreciated.

Very hard to work with someone with this many problems and long distance. I would definetlytske digestive enzymes and look intomswedish bitters. Do some research on it.  That would be a good choice. Stay on probiotics. I would make a kale shake everyday or take spirilina. You need good greens. Kale shake would be like coconut water with blueberries or papaya aloe leaf cut up a small amount handful of kale maybe an apple and drink.  I love it .  Hope this helps jayne

Herbs for Health

Jayne Boyle

I am an herbalist for 27 years. I see clients for nutrtional consulting and support on herbal programs. I can answer questions on herbs to take for paciticular ailments. I have a web site where I post articles on herbs and holistic health. I carry a line of teas and products that support one on their journey to health.

I have a healing center and have been in practice for several years. I teach classes one herbs and Iridology and Reiki .

none at the presest time

Annapolis Holistic Health Community Newsletter.

Dr. Christophers School of Natural Healing.