Herbs for Health/Herbs for forgetfulness

Question
Hello.  An older man is taking Hawthorne for high blood pressure.  He has mild forgetfulness.  What herb would be good for that and yet raise his blood pressure?   I am aware that rosemary and bacopa  and  ginseng are good for memory but also raise the blood pressure.  Thanks for your help!

Answer
Hi Jan,

Yes, for some reason herbs that seem to help memory lapses also elevate high blood pressure. I would suggest stinging nettle and studies have shown it contains the mineral boron which helps improve short term memory loss.

Gotu kola has a centuries-old folk reputation helps maintain strong mental vigor I doubt that it would have maintained this reputation if there was nothing to it.

The breakdown of a neurotransmitter called Acetycholine has been linked to Alzheimer's Disease.
Take acetycholine as directed on the label. This maximizes mental ability and prevents memory loss in adults.

Choline--100 mg 3 times daily. --- Increases levels of acetycholine.

I would take Co-enzyme Q10 and garlic capsules for high blood pressure.

Eat a diet high in raw foods. Consume the following often: brewer's yeast, brown rice, farm eggs, fish, legumes, millet, nuts, soybeans, tofu, wheat germ, and whole grains.

Have him get a little exercise daily. Walking is very good.

Best wishes, Dennis  

Herbs for Health

Dennis Leppanen