Herbs for Health/Herbs for UTI

I have had a constant UTI for 9 months. I have been on 6 rounds of antibiotics and don't want to take another round. I've been taking lots of herbal supplements to help with the symptoms but I am worried I am talking too much. Here's a list of what I take daily:

Allimax- 1/hour while trying hard to get rid of infection (will scale back to 1-2 per day)
D-mannose- 1/2 tsp every hour (during acute phase- same as allimax)
Probiotic- 1 per day
Colostrum- 1/2 tsp 4 x/day
Red raspberry leave cap- 2-3 x/day
Christopher's Kidney formula- 2 caps 4 x/day

In addition to those I also take:
Iron supplement
Collagen sup

I feel like I am taking so many pills and get worried I am going to have a reaction or ruin my body doing it. Do you have any advise for me? Sometimes I feel strange after taking them like I am going to have a panic attack but i dont know if that is from the supplements or because i am scaring myself. Any advise would be helpful. Thank you!

ANSWER: Hi Sarah,

Nine months is a long time to live with UTI. Let us try something different.

Very Important

Drink 1 quart of pure, unsweetened cranberry juice daily. Cranberry is the best herbal remedy for bladder infections. Quality cranberry juice produces hippuric acid in the urine, and inhibits bacterial growth. Other components in cranberry juice prevent bacteria from adhering to the lining of the bladder.

Colloidal Silver --As directed on label. --A natural antibiotic. Destroys bacteria, viruses, and fungi. Promotes healing.

Garlic (Kyolic) --2 capsules 3 times daily. --A natural antibiotic and immune enhancer. --Try this instead of Allimax.

SP-6 Cornsilk from Soloray --2 capsules per day --It has a diuretic effect and and reduces bladder spasms.

Vitamin C plus bioflavonoids --4,000-5,000 daily in divided doses of 1,000 mg. --Produces antibacterial effect through acidification of urine. Important to immune function.

Dandelion tea or extract acts as a diuretic and liver cleanser, and aids in relieving bladder discomfort.

Drink plenty of water.

Include celery, parsley, and watermelon in your diet. If you have a juicer, juice celery and parsley and drink several glasses daily.

Avoid citrus juices.

Stay away from alcohol, caffeine, carbonated beverages, chocolate, and precessed foods.

Avoid taking zinc and iron supplements until healed.

Stay clean and dry.

Continue taking the Probiotic, red raspberry caps, and the multivitamin. Discontinue everything else.

Best wishes,

QUESTION: Thank you very much for your reply. How long should I be taking all these herbs for?

ANSWER: Since it has lingered so long, Sarah. Take this regimen for 30 days longer after all symptoms have disappeared.

QUESTION: I really appreciate your help. However, I researched colloidal silver and was surprised to see the controversy over it. Colloidal silver is not considered safe. I feel you should warn people of the risks associated before recommending the product to them. I actually took 1 tsp/ 3 times/day for two days before researching and now really regret doing so.

Hi Sarah,

I would hold no regrets. It appears that you stumbled into some misinformation. I feel Colloidal Silver is 100% safe and have given it to my family for the past 25 years with only great results.
I wouldn't have suggested it to you if I had felt there was even the slightest risk to you.

Antibiotics are becoming less effective as resistance to them grows.

Colloidal silver has come to the rescue. Microorganisms depend on a specific enzyme to breathe. Colloidal Silver is a catalyst that disables these enzymes, and as a result they die. An ordinary antibiotic kills a handful of disease organisms, Colloidal Silver is known to be successful against more than 650 illness causing microorganisms (bacteria, virus, and fungi). It can be taken over long periods of time, because the body does not develop a tolerance to it.

Medical tests indicate no known adverse effects from the use of properly prepared Colloidal Silver, and there has never been a recorded case of drug interaction with any other medication.
This will not turn your skin gray.

By Angela Kaelin

Millions of people across North America use colloidal silver as a daily supplement and as a natural treatment for a wide variety of conditions. Colloidal silver has been used historical and clinically as a broad spectrum antimicrobial. Colloidal silver has been used to treat a wide variety of perplexing diseases including rheumatoid arthritis, chronic fatigue syndrome, hepatitis B, HIV/AIDS and a long list of bacteria and viruses in both human beings and animals. When taken in daily doses, it appears to provide overall immune system support.

Colloidal silver has very few side effects and no known drug interactions. The two possible side effects most often noted by users is the Herxheimer effect and occasional intestinal upset. These side effects are generally very mild.

Colloidal silver is extremely safe and inexpensive when compared to pharmaceutical drugs.

Sorry to upset you. Do not take anything that you don't feel safe using.

Herbs for Health

Dennis Leppanen

I can answer most questions on herb usage and and am very familiar with (gras) herbs, generally recognized as safe. I am very knowlegible in nutritional healing. I have extended education in detoxing the body and fasting for health. I believe in the Naturopathic belief, the body get sick in only two ways; either because it is too toxic, or it is malnurished. I grow, wildcraft, and make most of my herbal remedies.

Past/Present clients
Individuals, will furnish upon request