Herbs for Health/allergies

I have a question on allergies.  I live in California where pollen count is high at times and I have the typical reactions such has stuffy plugged sinuses, itchy eyes and nose, sneezing, sometimes itchy skin and was wondering if you can advise any pressure points or other methods that might be useful for allergies.  Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi Tom,

This a complex question because of so many different allergic reactions.

An allergy is an inappropriate response to the body’s immune system to a substance that is not normally harmful. The immune system is the highly complex defense mechanism that helps to combat infection. It does this by identifying “foreign invaders” and mobilizing the body’s white blood cells to fight to fight them. In some people, the immune system wrongly identifies a nontoxic substance as an invader, and the white blood cells overreact and do more damage to the body than the invader.

Thus, the allergic reaction becomes a disease in itself.
Many people are allergic to molds. Mold spores are carried by the wind and predominate in the summer and early fall. In warm climates they thrive year around.
Foods can also provoke allergic reactions.

Determining the cause of your allergic reactions can be difficult. Pollen, mold and diet are the biggest causes. What causes you to react is a difficult task.
Here are supplements that may help:

AntiAllergy formula from Freeda Vitamins—As directed on label—A combination of quercetin, calcium pantothenate, and calcium ascorbate (vitamin C).
Bee pollen—Start with a few granules at a time and work to 2 tsp daily.—Strengthens the immune system. Use the crude pollen, preferably produced within 10 miles of home. Caution: Bee pollen may cause an allergic reaction in some individuals. Discontinue use if a rash, wheezing discomfort, or other symptoms occur.

Take 1,500 mg of calcium and 750 mg of magnesium daily. This helps to reduce stress.

I don't know enough about pressure points to offer you assistance. I certainly wish you well.

Best wishes, Tom.

Herbs for Health

Dennis Leppanen

I can answer most questions on herb usage and and am very familiar with (gras) herbs, generally recognized as safe. I am very knowlegible in nutritional healing. I have extended education in detoxing the body and fasting for health. I believe in the Naturopathic belief, the body get sick in only two ways; either because it is too toxic, or it is malnurished. I grow, wildcraft, and make most of my herbal remedies.

Past/Present clients
Individuals, will furnish upon request