Herbs for Health/Astragalus

Have you used Astragalus as a treatment for autoimmune diseases and what was your experience? Thanks.

Hi Liz,

Although I don't know the specifics of the autoimmune disease you're referring to, I will give my impressions on Astragalus, also known as Huang qi.

The roots are the parts used. Astragalus acts a tonic to protect the immune system. It aids the adrenal gland function and digestion. Increases metabolism, produces spontaneous sweating, promotes healing, and provides energy to combat fatigue, increasing stamina.

I use it for colds, flu, and would recommend it for immune-deficiency-related problems, including AIDS, cancer, and other tumors.

I would not use this in a presence of a fever.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Herbs for Health

Dennis Leppanen

I can answer most questions on herb usage and and am very familiar with (gras) herbs, generally recognized as safe. I am very knowlegible in nutritional healing. I have extended education in detoxing the body and fasting for health. I believe in the Naturopathic belief, the body get sick in only two ways; either because it is too toxic, or it is malnurished. I grow, wildcraft, and make most of my herbal remedies.

Past/Present clients
Individuals, will furnish upon request