Herbs for Health/essential oils

I have been using essential oils - such as peppermint, clove, rosemary, lemon - internally. Amounting to just a couple of drops per cup of water as an antifungal for my candida. there is very little info on this - I needed something stronger that just regular herbs and natural.
does this work and is this ok?

Hi Irina,

Sorry about the mix up and the delayed response.

Essential oils taken internally is tricky business.

You mentions these oils:
Peppermint--It may interfere with iron absorption. I don't see where this would help combat Candidiasis. Instead, I would use Essential fatty acis (black current seed oil and/or flaxseed oil. Use as directed on label. Important in healing and preventing the fungus from destroying cells.

Two capsules of Garlic (kyolic) three times a day is beneficial.

Pau d'arco tea contains an antibacterial and antifungal agent.

Clove oil--Caution: Clove oil is very strong and can cause irritation in its pure form. Essential oil should be taken under the careful supervision of a health professional.

Rosemary---I wouldn't use.

Lemon---I use lemon juice when detoxing so it should be okay. Use real lemon juice. Essential oils are used for perfumes.

Again, I apologize for my slow response.

Eat vegetables, fish, and gluten-free grains such as e and millet.

Eat plain yogurt that contains live yogurt cultures.

Take supplemental acidophilus or bifidus to help restore the normal balance of flora in the bowel and vagina.

Take some type of fiber daily. Oat bran is a good source.

Drink only distilled water.

Make sure the diet is fruit-free, sugar-free, and yeast free. Candida thrives on a sugary environment.

This should help.

Best wishes, Dennis

Herbs for Health

Dennis Leppanen

I can answer most questions on herb usage and and am very familiar with (gras) herbs, generally recognized as safe. I am very knowlegible in nutritional healing. I have extended education in detoxing the body and fasting for health. I believe in the Naturopathic belief, the body get sick in only two ways; either because it is too toxic, or it is malnurished. I grow, wildcraft, and make most of my herbal remedies.

Past/Present clients
Individuals, will furnish upon request