Herbs for Health/Apple Cider Vinegar

Question
Do you have any info on Apple Cider vinegar. I bought a bottle of organic ACV
with "mother" to use as part of a health supplement. The directions say "shake well".What is "mother"? Am I supposed to shake the "mother into particles and consume it?

Thank you,

Jo

Answer
Hi Jo,

It's been twenty years since I made apple cider vinegar. It is fun to do but it
takes six months or so.

The substance that gradually thickens on top during this process is the "mother". You can save it as starter for another batch, add it to mead to make honey vinegar or use it to magically transform homemade berry, fruit or vegetable wines into wine vinegar.

I remove the "mother" and put it in mason jar for future use. Store in a dark, cool place.
Apple cider vinegar has many health benefits. Enjoy.

Best wishes,
Dennis

Herbs for Health

Dennis Leppanen