Herbs for Health/fertility herbs

QUESTION: Dear Jayne,

I am almost 42 years old and still hoping for a fourth child despite the odds.  In 2005-2006, I had two (possibly three) miscarriages and went to a fertility doctor who told me that my long cycles (periods coming anywhere from 6 to 10 weeks apart) meant that the lining of the uterus was getting too old to support the pregnancy.  After a round of Clomid, I conceived and carried to full-term. I then conceived two more children after that with no problems despite breastfeeding and irregular cycles.  All three children are a little under two years apart. I was 37 when I had my last.  Then in September 2012, I had a miscarriage and then again in December 2013.  All my pregnancies ended around the 5th week even though my body didn't seem to know it.  I got pregnant again at age 40 last year and carried the baby almost 12 weeks when they found the development had ended and there was no longer a heartbeat. Now I am not conceiving at all. I have been trying for six months.  I have had increasing sore breasts (only premenstrually)which I did not have in the past and just feel like something must have changed. I kind of assume it is age related. I used to get pregnant every time I tried on the first try.  I always can tell when ovulation is occurring. My cycles are usually five weeks apart but occasionally six if I am under stress or something. I am under stress because my mother has end-stage cancer, but I have been managing it by natural means and EFT which seems to help.  I believe in a healthy diet, nutritional supplementation, and herbs and that it is possible to lengthen fertility years using such means.  I have been taking Femtrol by Enzymatic Therapy since March and started false unicorn root tincture and shatavari last month. I also drink red raspberry leaf tea. I only take those during the beginning half of my cycle and then I use Progestelle progesterone oil during the second half of my cycle. Sorry to go on and on.  My question is how long should I expect it to take for these herbs to work? Also, I don't know if you are able to make specific recommendations on this site or not, but if you are able to, I would love to have your personal recommendations for herbs to help with fertility and sore premenstrual breasts.  Thanks so much!  

ANSWER: The only thing I would suggest is to make sure your ph is in balance..,you can buy strips on line and look up,how to balance. Apple cider vinegar raw from the health food store is s good way. 1-2 tables 3 times a day. Your ph should be 7.0. Good luck Jayne

QUESTION: Dear Jayne,

In general, how long does it take for most herbs to really work...weeks? months?  

It really depends on the person and how long they have been ill. Sometimes an issue can take several months. But remember it won't work if diet and lifestyle is imbalanced. Before you conceive you should do some body tissue cleansing. Lemon juice and honey drinks , red clover tea, fruits and veggies and getting off of processed foods, sugar and for some red meat. Eating only foods of nature and that will help balance the ph as well. Jaune

Herbs for Health

Jayne Boyle

I am an herbalist for 27 years. I see clients for nutrtional consulting and support on herbal programs. I can answer questions on herbs to take for paciticular ailments. I have a web site where I post articles on herbs and holistic health. I carry a line of teas and products that support one on their journey to health.

I have a healing center and have been in practice for several years. I teach classes one herbs and Iridology and Reiki .

none at the presest time

Annapolis Holistic Health Community Newsletter.

Dr. Christophers School of Natural Healing.