Herbs for Health/herbs for digestion

Question
Hi Dennis,
Can you give me the names of some herbs that stimulate the pancreas, etc. to produce digestive enzymes. I have a very weak digestive system and would like to stimulate it naturally. I am already using several bitter - dandelion, bitter melon and milk thistle at times. I take digestive enzymes but I would like my body to start producing it's own. I am on a strict no sugar, no salt, low starch vegetarian diet due to a massive amount of food sensitivities that I have developed. I started taking the vitamins that help with food allergies - A, C, A, niacin, pantothenic acid, D, ginger, bitters, digestive enzymes and HCL. Everything helps - my eczema stops flaring up with evry supplement and bitter that I consume. but I am not big on taking pills and don't want to eat a lot of raw foods.
So are there any good herbs to help my digestive organs wake up and do a better job.
I also consume ginseng, echinacea and astralagus daily for my immune system and some energy when I ride my bike.
I have scoured the internet and online books and I can't find any except for one article that suggest fenugreek. which I just started taking.
please help.

Answer
Hi Irina,

I would take Yellow Dock, a full spectrum capsule of 400 mg daily. Yellow Dock acts as a blood purifier and cleanser, and tones the entire system. Improves colon and liver function. Good for anemia, liver disease, and skin disorders such as eczema, hives, psoriasis, and rashes. Combined with sarsaparilla, makes a tea for chronic skin disorders.

Turmeric protects the liver against many toxins, inhibits platelet aggregation, and lowers cholesterol. Has antibiotic, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties. Take as recommended on bottle.

These herbs should help.

Best wishes, Irina.

Dennis

Herbs for Health

Dennis Leppanen