Herbs for Health/Opinion on sweeteners

Hi Dr. Jayne,

I've reduced white sugar consumption to a bare minimum and now intend to stop completely.

I'm very unsure about brown and demerera sugars.

Please advise on healthy sweeteners and suggest reading.

Brow sugar is just sugar with molasses still in it. Honey I have used for years. Honey doesn't give you a spike in blood sugar and is good for you. You can cook with it also. There is a product out there I would like to try called swerve. It measures like sugar but is made from fruits and veggies. O calaries. Stevia is another. Is an herb that is very sweet but has no sugars. It's very strong so a pinch could sweeten a cup of tea. I like stevia for certain things . Don't have much experience with it.. If you like to cook sweeten sometimes with applesauce. That works cook. Hope this helps. Jayne

Herbs for Health

Jayne Boyle

I am an herbalist for 27 years. I see clients for nutrtional consulting and support on herbal programs. I can answer questions on herbs to take for paciticular ailments. I have a web site where I post articles on herbs and holistic health. I carry a line of teas and products that support one on their journey to health.

I have a healing center and have been in practice for several years. I teach classes one herbs and Iridology and Reiki .

none at the presest time

Annapolis Holistic Health Community Newsletter.

Dr. Christophers School of Natural Healing.