High School Life/how to make friends?

Question
I've been like a year at my school, but because I'm so quiet and shy I haven't made close friends yet. I really want to change that and want to be more open to my classmates. What should I do?

Answer
Hi Hanna!

You seem like a nice person, all you have to do is be friendly!  You don't necessarily need to be really proactive and out there, but be open to your classmates, smile a lot, basically just show that you're not a closed person.  It doesn't matter if you're quiet or shy, as long as people can see that you're a friendly, warm person, they'll come to you.  Sometimes people misread shyness for disinterestedness, so just be smiley and happy and you'll be making friends in no time!

Hope this helped,

Dan

High School Life

Dan