High School Life/Complimenting a girl

This girl overheard me compliment her bottom when I was talking with my friends and she said thanks , was I being rude and Was she being sarcastic when she said thanks ?

Hi Tony,

It's a little hard to tell without any additional information. As a general rule though, you don't want to compliment people on their looks (especially their bottoms), unless you have a personal relationship with said person.

She might have responded "thanks" as a defense mechanism, or she might have legitimately been complimented. Like I said, it's pretty hard to tell without seeing her body language.

High School Life

I began this profile in 2007 after a bad breakup with my girlfriend at the time. I was a junior in high school then and the breakup left me pretty heartbroken. I found a reprieve in offering advice to others experiencing similar high school traumas and I began writing here. Almost eight years later and I am still a part of AllExperts. Since then I have gone to university, moved to China, begun working an actual job, and experienced many more dramas. I have had wonderful friends who have supported me through all of it, and I am happy to give back whatever I can. Feel free to send me a private or public message and I will respond as soon as I can =)

I have been working for AllExperts for over eight years and have answered over 400 questions to date.

Bachelor of Arts.