Hiking/Backpacking/Camping/Snake Chaps/Boots

Kenneth J wrote at 2013-12-03 01:27:25
As a survivalist I tent to agree that for the most part of North America it is not a necessity unless of course I was going hiking  or camping somewhere in Texas I would for sure don a pair of chaps.  www.jacksonhatten.com Extreme Survival OutFitters

Wounded Knee

I can advise on anything having to do with hiking and backpacking skills and equipment, including map and compass and orienteering skills. I cannot advise on the use of GPS devices. I cannot advise on car camping or group camping (10 or more people). My primary geographic expertise is in the US Northeast, but I know how to find information on hiking and backpacking just about anywhere.

I've been hiking and backpacking for about 45 years, including section hiking the entire Appalachian Trail. I have hiked extensively in the New York Metropolitan Area, as well as various other areas from Georgia north, including upstate New York, New England, and Eastern Canada.

New York Walk Book, 7th Ed.
New Jersey Walk Book, 2nd Ed.

Not applicable to this area of expertise.