Hiking/Backpacking/Camping/Florida tent

We live in Florida and take trips up to 4 nights long in the Everglades. Can you point me in the direction of the best quality/price "monsoon"-proof 3-4 person tent that will keep sleeping bags dry in heavy rains, for, say, <$200?  Optimally something that wraps up small, probably has a "bathtub" bottom, has good ventilation in the heat, and won't be full of little pin holes within a few years.
Who makes the best tents like this for the money?

Jeff Omans

I'm sorry to say, I'm not sure that tent is avail unless you want to go a little less traditional.  And by less traditional, I mean tarp camping.  Done right a good tarp set up right will keep you dry and some come with netting to keep the other unpleasant elements out.  I'll be honest, I have a tarp, I've not yet tried it.

Outside of that, if you are willing to spend a few buck, Outdoor Research, Mountain Hardware,MSR, and some REI ones are the best tents.
However you could get some sales as well.

Hope this helps.

Hoover 99

Matt Wertman

You`re thinking of hiking the infamous Appalachian Trail and now you`d like to get the important information on everything and anything from someone who`s actually done it. I completed my hike October 8th, 1999 taking a total of 5 months and 8 days. I can help you by giving constructive feedback on gear, trip cost, people, and general expectations.