Hiking/Backpacking/Camping/Bald Rock Shelter

I recently went for a stroll in Harriman and took the Long path from Lake Skannatati and then jumped on the Dunning trail passing Bowling Rocks.  I wanted to take a look at the Bald Rock shelter for future outings but I was unable to find it.  Any help?  Thanks!

It's possibly to approach from the Dunning, but much easier to find along the Ramapo-Dunderberg trail, about 200 yards south of where it intersects the Dunning. It's about 20 ro 30 yards off the trail to the east. To approach from Dunning, look for the grassy woods road on the south side of the trail. Follow the woods road for a couple hundred yards and you'll see the shelter.

Wounded Knee

I can advise on anything having to do with hiking and backpacking skills and equipment, including map and compass and orienteering skills. I cannot advise on the use of GPS devices. I cannot advise on car camping or group camping (10 or more people). My primary geographic expertise is in the US Northeast, but I know how to find information on hiking and backpacking just about anywhere.

I've been hiking and backpacking for about 45 years, including section hiking the entire Appalachian Trail. I have hiked extensively in the New York Metropolitan Area, as well as various other areas from Georgia north, including upstate New York, New England, and Eastern Canada.

New York Walk Book, 7th Ed.
New Jersey Walk Book, 2nd Ed.

Not applicable to this area of expertise.