Hiking/Backpacking/Camping/Jackie Jones Fire Tower at Harriman

Do you know if the park permits people to climb the fire tower stairs?

I haven't attempted to climb that fire tower in at least six years, but the last time I tried, it was not possible to do so. I don't recall exactly, but I think the tower was fenced in and the gate was padlocked. I recommend contacting the Harriman Park office at (845) 947-2444 for a definite answer.

Wounded Knee

I can advise on anything having to do with hiking and backpacking skills and equipment, including map and compass and orienteering skills. I cannot advise on the use of GPS devices. I cannot advise on car camping or group camping (10 or more people). My primary geographic expertise is in the US Northeast, but I know how to find information on hiking and backpacking just about anywhere.

I've been hiking and backpacking for about 45 years, including section hiking the entire Appalachian Trail. I have hiked extensively in the New York Metropolitan Area, as well as various other areas from Georgia north, including upstate New York, New England, and Eastern Canada.

New York Walk Book, 7th Ed.
New Jersey Walk Book, 2nd Ed.

Not applicable to this area of expertise.